CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

03 June 2012

The Hunger Games

A little back story for everyong: I never have time to read. With work, kids, school and being a wife by the time I sit down to relax and enjoy a book I usually fall asleep before finishing the first paragraph. Lucky for me my commander and first sgt decided on Friday that I was too fat to be in my promotion ceremony leaving me with the thought: They'll never sign off on my commissioning package so there's no reason to waste all the time and effort putting it together. This has freed up a lot of my time and in the past 4 days I've been able to finish the book The Hunger Games and am starting book 2 today. Although I was upset about the recent events it's been nice being relieved of the stressors of the application. It also helped me decide that I'm going to attempt to crosstrain into contracting. Not only was this an area I wanted to come into at the beginning of my career, but there's a lot of money to be made and I really can't pass the up in our current situation. There's a very nice re-enlistment bonus as well as a pretty high starting salary in the civilian sector. So today I'm trying to figure out the steps and the process and timeline so I can hopefully put in for it, pray that I'm accepted and then get a class date after the holidays so we can head off to a new base after February.

0 comments: